1. Dr Sahasrabudhe, Executive Director of Dnyana Devi, was felicitated by Lions Club Kesari for her work with underprivileged children;
2. Dr. Anuradha Sahasrabudhe also received the Sahayog Award from Bharat Vikas Parishad. She dedicated the award to her team and the children she works for who she claimed are her main if not the sole inspiration. The award comprised a trophy, a shawl and cash award.
3. Pune Childline responded to 22603 calls in July
4. Pune Childline saw an increasing number of serious abuse cases.
• Childline helped deal with the illegal children's home issue. Many such homes were exposed as were irregularities therein.
• A girl repeatedly raped by her stepfather was rescued, sent to the state shelter and the culprit apprehended;
• A adopted child being continuously harassed by a neighbor was dealt with .
• There were 56 cases of child abuse of different kind .
5. Balsena was rejuvenated with 56 new child leaders being drafted. Although schools continue to be non cooperative, the situation is better this year. Tilak road zonal meeting (Shorya Gat) was conducted where children outlined issues and possible solutions.
|Copyright Dnyana Devi. All rights reserved.||Developed by Sroat|